Monday, March 19, 2007

Still not ready to celebrate...but.

So last Monday I had two interviews at two different literary agencies - one for the unpaid internship I was offered last week, the other for a paid position that was almost too perfect to be believed. Really interesting list of authors, heavy on the non-fiction, good pay and great location.

Today the second agency called and offered me the position...and I decided to bow out of the internship and take the second offer. They are both great agencies, and I would have been happy either way, but between a paid position and an unpaid one...well, the choice is obvious, isn't it?

I'm not ready to celebrate yet. I'm going to wait a month, see how things go, make sure I'm settling in well, and then maybe I will arrange a meeting with my inner optimist. He/she has been suspended from active duty for a while.

I start next week. For reals.

No comments: